Becoming a Bariatric Nurse..  

Posted by Matt Williams


Well, 


After having the gastric Bypass just a little over 2 years ago, I decided to become a bariatric Nurse. What is a bariatric Nurse?

It is someone who is a registered nurse that aids in assisting bariatric patients. Bariatric meaning Gastric ( Weight Loss Surgery ) patients. I am going through school right now sudying to be a Medical Assistant but that is being used as a step towards my Registered Nursing Degree.

I hope to be going through the Sentera School of Health Professionals earning my associats degree in Applied Science then continuing my education at VCU for my Bach. Degree in Applied Science. 

I have lost over 150Lbs and I still feel like a new person everyday. Although I can eat like a regualr person now, well not really, but more then I use to, I have gained a few pounds back but I loose it very quickly. A simple jog around the block drops 3 to 6 Lbs. 

So needless to say, I have chosen a new life and a new cureer as a Bariatric Nurse and in hopes to get a job with the Weight Lose Surgery Center of Newport News where I got my Surgery from.

The image above is of me and my new Girlfriend who I am deeply inlove with. 
Yes, some of you may be wondering what happened to my wife and I, We are going through a divorse so my life moves on. I am a MUCH happier person now and I am with someone who loves me for me and understands me and is by my side everyday.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 at 8:10 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment